- Based upon World of Warcraft and Angry Birds
- Daily quest - takes 5-10 mins to do, keep up reputation in the game => primary idea behind design
- Workshops not sustainable - don't teach people how to think about things, just how to do things - no conceptual framework
- Angry birds - can complete at various levels - 1, 2, 3 star level => complete tasks at different levels, allows the user to go back
- Uses conditional activities, with various Moodle activities
- A task that is separate from the goals but involves using them - try and stick to the narrative, students make own connections
- Smart naming is essential for conditional activities. Labels are useful for this as they are named after the initial text.
Some of Sarah Thorneycroft's blog entries here.